Cooperative Telephone Association, Inc.
Providing service to subscribers over a 2000 square mile service area. The Association was formed by combining seven local telephone companies in 1952.
In the begining the Cooperative made its headquarters in a former hotel building. Today, the offices in Joes are triple the square footage of the original portion of the offices built in 1966.
Plains Telephone serves the towns of Anton, Cope, Eckley, Idalia, Joes, Kirk and Seibert, Colorado.
David G. Idler of Kirk, Colorado is standing in front of the original headquarters, Joes exchange, and directors meeting room of Plains Cooperative Telephone Association, now a tight-fitting one-car garage.
Bill Berry standing by old telephone booth in Kirk, Colorado